This section is for local and regional coffee roasters in Wilmington NC and it's metropolitan area.
OUR MISSION “We invite coffee enthusiast, tea lovers and sweet treat admirers for a shared experience to educate and link like minded individuals on our industries craft. Let’s recognize a ritual that is part of our daily lives and create new stories through a family friendly and cultural experience. Us as baristas, roasters, brewers, bakers and artisans are our customers. Our goal is to share our passion and formulate relationships in our growing and vibrant community. Each participating culturist showcases their individual flare along with scheduled events, demonstrations, tastings and more.
We invite you to become a Wilmington Coffee Fest 2020 Participant! We would love for you to join our event. The past couple years we hosted the "Wilmington Coffee Crawl". The crawls were a huge success. We have made some changes and are now keeping our event centralized at two locations in the heart of downtown Wilmington, NC. They are the Hannah Block Community Arts Center and Waterline Brewery. This exciting new festival will bring our communities coffee shops along with local and regional roasters, bakers, coffee industry vendors, artisans, music and more to our community. While showcasing what our rising craft coffee scene has to offer people will be immersed in a festival of all things coffee.
Our event features
- Local and regional coffee shop and roastery vendors selling/sampling product
- Locally sourced food and alcohol, vegetarian and vegan options available
- Local Artisans
- Raffles to benefit local charities
- Nationally recognized Coffee Industry Vendors
- Limited waste
- Sustainability minded vendors
- Educational organizations performing demonstrations/lectures
- Local live music
- Entertainment for children
- Tastings of local coffee/food
HOW WOULD YOU FIT INTO THIS PICTURE? We invite you to be a vendor at the USO building. For only a $75 participating fee, it will Include:
- Premier Logo Placement
- Vendor Booth Fee
- VIP Party Ticket x 1 Free Drink on friday Jan 31st, 2020
- Marketing Material
- Day of Marketing at a booth set up for premier downtown locations
- You will be included in the official brochure with your shop’s location.
Benefits to being a vendor:
- Get advertising throughout the year
- Advertising on day of the crawl
- Be part of the largest regional coffee event
What each participating site will be encouraged to do at the vendor booth:
- Advertise their business
- Sell product (including drinks,food,retail etc.)
- Educate our community
- Sample Product
- Give out information/coupons for business *Consider online coupons/email promotion
- Showcase your unique flare
WHAT WE PROVIDE We provide all the coordination to get the coffee fest rolling and to get our craft, our community and your name out to the public. We will advertise your business in local, regional and national outlets. Our commitment to getting ILM's coffee on the map is backed by lots of coffee consumption and time. We are dedicated to organizing a great event.
WHY PARTICIPATE?!? The Wilmington Coffee Fest as stated above will bring you multiple customers and media attention. The advertising alone creates so much potential for exposure of your business. Last year we had upwards of 400,000 interests on just facebook. Just think of how much exposure that is for you and your surrounding community. Advertising is also done through online publications, news sites, social media, television, visual signs at our local shops and word of mouth throughout our community. It’s a fun event to be a part of too!
Vendor Policies In an effort to reduce waste and increase awareness of sustainability, we ask that all vendors adhere to the following policies. Wilmington Coffee Fest will be a limited waste event. The goal at a limited waste event is to plan ahead and distribute materials that are recyclable or compostable and limit as much as possible all event waste that will be landfilled. There will be Waste Stations for recycling, composting and landfill collection that will be available to participants at several locations. Limited waste events are a great way to not only show our commitment to the environment, but to create a living model of sustainability for event participants and the community. Reusable everything is encouraged! We know this sounds sounds hard to defeat but it's really not that difficult if we as a community from the beginning work together to create a sustainable environment.
Once you submit this application to be a vendor we will email you the guidelines for a limited waste event with our local recycling and composting guidelines along with details of each locations event and vendors types. Also included is contact information for the Wilmington Compost Company if you need to buy some compostable items. Along with their sponsorship of our event they are offering all vendors for our event with a 15% off discount. Remember, if an item is not recyclable locally, we cannot recycle it, even if your supplier has told you it can be recycled. Our Limited Waste goal is simple to attain if we all plan ahead of time for the types of materials we will be providing to the public at the event.
What will be required from you
- Focus on locally produced, sustainable products when possible - items made from post-consumer materials or renewable resources
- Limit plastic bags, plastic utensils, or plastic straws
- Packaging is the minimum amount required and is preferably made of compostable or recycled materials
- Only eco-friendly cleaning products used
- Limit electricity usage to the minimum amount needed
- Limit paper handouts, provide digital information via emails or websites
- Vendors to bring reusable water bottle for personal use, please do not bring single-use plastic bottles
- Must be available to arrive at designated time and stay until the end of event
- Must set up/break down your designated site and leave it as you found
- Must provide your own electrical cords, water, etc. anything needed for displaying/selling/making product
- We will not be providing any set up items. Please be aware to bring all own materials. Ex. Pop Up tent, table, chair, any display materials.
- Pay vendor Fee (tent/set up items not included) paid to Wilmington Coffee Fest reserves your spot. This fee is due when filling out this application
THIS IS A RAIN OR SHINE EVENT. NO REFUNDS.
Please remember, applications close SEPTEMBER 1ST. Applications submitted after SEPTEMBER 1ST will not be considered. Spaces are limited, and first come first serve. Please get your application in as soon as possible to secure your participation in the Fest! We look forward to working with you!
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions!